The Month of November

Now I realize I'm posting this late... So...

November was a great month! I had my birthday on the 4th. For my birthday, my great host family took me to London, England about 15 days earlier. It was a great trip where I was able to see the great landmarks like Buckingham Palace, and the Tower Bridge. On the day of my birthday, we picked up my host sister Anežka up from her dad's house and we went to a Go-Kart place; which I had never tried before. It was a lot of fun. I raced against my host sister and host dad; who of course won both times due to his past experience driving and I came in 2nd the second race 🤣! Later that day, I got taken to a nice sushi place my hosts mom knew I liked, where I had a very nice dinner followed by some green tea ice-cream. We walked back to the car with little 2 year old Biunka always getting ahead of everyone and rove back to house. I thought that that was all for the day, and in the middle of my laundry, I heard the normal "Bradley kde seš" (which means Bradley where are you), and it turned out that my family had more gifts for me! It was 2 chocolate bars, a pack of gummies, and these little milk bar things that I like to have in my breakfast as a "to go" sort of thing. It was overall a great birthday and once again I say thank you to them!

Later that month, 3 exchange students living in Prague from India, Chile, and the US came to Brno for 3 days. The first day we just went to dinner. But the second day we went with the other exchange students in Brno (Ryan from Taiwan, Sarah from Brazil, and Leslye from Mexico), the Rotary Club of Brno, Rotaract Brno, Leslye's host family and I, to 2 cave sites which were very interesting, then to lunch at a traditional Czech restaurant. Later we went walking around the city, and came back to Marek's (my Rotary counsellor) house. On Sunday, we toured Brno a bit with a guide, and learned things that I didn't even know at the time.

Around the time my host mom started to decorate the house, was the time I learned that helping with fancy homemade decorations was not for me (I am not good at cutting blocks into the same size), but I helped in some ways and it was appreciated. During this time I read to my little host sister, but I'm not sure what she thought of me because my tone for reading was probably strange. Anyways though, my Czech is much better, my school marks are all ok<, all friends are good, and of course it was a great month here in this country!

Thanks for reading

Comments

  1. That seems like a lot of fun. I'm glad that you like it here, of course not all the people are friendly, but I think that's not only in Czech Republic. So... enjoy. You are a really good writer, so keep this up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts